About this product:
Material Used: Quilling paper, stone studs, dori, Newspaper
In the package: 2 Rakhis + Roli-Chawal + 1 Designer Box + 1 Tray(10 inch) + 1 Jar of Poha Namkeen(350 gms) + 1 Jar Oat Cookies(5 in a Jar)
Note: The products are non-refundable and non-returnable.
Gift your loving brother a beautifully crafted rakhi by a sister who might not see the light of the sun but definitely feel the happiness you pass on.
- 100% made by Blind Women of NAB India Centre for Blind Women & Disability Studies
- The blind women, forgotten by the society and hidden in their homes are in much need of empowerment. Your purchase contributes greatly. Congratulations!
- They are trained to use colourful quilling papers converting them into attractive shapes and designs.
- In order to carry out the process, the blind women are seated with multiple boxes containing distinguished colours of quilling papers in each of it. This is done to help them sequencing the right colour combination for the product.
- The attached doris are also woven by them and later pasted.
- Additional decoration is then done by miniscule sighted help.
- The designer multipurpose boxes are made up of recycled newspaper strips. The newspapers are first rolled into thin strips, followed by colouring the strips and then carving them into the desired color coordinated shapes. The boxes are sturdy and used as a gift box or storage box.
- Poha Namkeen and Oat Cookies are made by the visually impaired women independently. The Namkeen mixture contains poha, groundnut, dry coconut, curry leaves, mustard seeds. The healthy oat cookies are prepared with oats, flour, white butter, dry fruits and leavening agents.
- The rakhis are wrapped on handmade coloured braille dotted paper.
- There could be slight variation in colour due to difference in screen resolution
- Understanding the fact that, each product is handmade exclusively, there could be slight variation in two similar pieces.